[Asterisk-Users] System layout

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 00:20:02 MST 2003

> >   Also I'd like to have worldwide users appear to be on the local
> >phone system through voice over ip.  Is that possible?  Our local
> >network is 100 mb/s and our internet connection is 768kb/s in both
> >directions.  Would that be enough?

SIP users need to be on the same side of the firewall as the Asterisk
server.  So if you want to protect or inside users with a firewall
your "worldwide users" will need another Asterisk server that is
outside of your firewall on the public Internet.  These two
servers will have to be connected via "iax2" which can pass through
firewalls.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com