[Asterisk-Users] Festival, Patch, Asterisk, etc.

Steven M. Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Fri Oct 17 12:22:48 MST 2003

Hi,

NOTE:  Sorry if this gets duplicated.  I sent a copy prior to joining
the list.

Newbie here with a repetitive question.  How do I make the Festival TTS
system work w/ *?  I have festival installed (it came w/ RedHat9) but *
complains:

WARNING[1226530096]: File app_festival.c, Line 327 (festival_exec):
festival_client: connect to server failed

I have tested festival from the command line and it seems to work fine.
I guess I need to make one or more festival servers available to *.  How
is this done?  If somebody can point me to a series of previous postings
that spell this out, I will go to the wiki and create a new section on
Festival + *.  I promise.  Really.

Thanks,

Steve