[Asterisk-Users] Festival, Patch, Asterisk, etc.

Jared Smith jsmith at drgutah.com
Fri Oct 17 12:31:22 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 13:22, Steven M. Sokol wrote:
> Newbie here with a repetitive question.  How do I make the Festival TTS
> system work w/ *?  I have festival installed (it came w/ RedHat9) but *
> complains:

Read the "README.festival" file in the Asterisk source.  You need to
patch Festival to get it to run with Asterisk.  (In other words, the
version of festival that came with RedHat *will not* work.)  You also
need to be sure you start the festival server (as explained in step 3 of
the README.festival file) before you start Asterisk.

Jared Smith