[Asterisk-Users] Supervised transfers

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Thu Oct 16 09:48:34 MST 2003

<quote who="Devon Henderson">
> I've seen a lot of traffic on the list recently about which phones can do
> supervised transfers and which cannot, and I have to admit that I'm a bit
> puzzled.  Our existing PBX, which is software based, handles the transfer
> functions for our call center -- the agents never touch their phone, and
> instead use software.  We can plug any old phone into it, and it'll work
> just the same.

For analog sets, asterisk does 100% of the work.  Hence, "any old phone"
will work.

The issues that have been presented are all issues with VoIP phones.
SIP in particular.  These phones do part of the work themselves, so
features must be supported, both in asterisk and on the phone itself.

--
END OF LINE