[Asterisk-Users] Supervised transfers

Devon Henderson devon at calltrex.com
Thu Oct 16 09:37:50 MST 2003

I've seen a lot of traffic on the list recently about which phones can do
supervised transfers and which cannot, and I have to admit that I'm a bit
puzzled.  Our existing PBX, which is software based, handles the transfer
functions for our call center -- the agents never touch their phone, and
instead use software.  We can plug any old phone into it, and it'll work
just the same.

So my question is this: when people discuss the impossibility of Asterisk
handling transfers, are they only speaking of SIP setups?  Is it possible to
do supervised transfers through Asterisk over plain old phone lines?

I'm not a programmer, and since our Asterisk developer doesn't know the
answer to this question, I thought I'd ask you guys. :)

Thanks,
Devon