[Asterisk-Users] Supervised transfers

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Oct 16 09:54:09 MST 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 11:37, Devon Henderson wrote:
> I've seen a lot of traffic on the list recently about which phones
> can do supervised transfers and which cannot, and I have to admit
> that I'm a bit puzzled.  Our existing PBX, which is software based,
> handles the transfer functions for our call center -- the agents
> never touch their phone, and instead use software.  We can plug any
> old phone into it, and it'll work just the same.
>
> So my question is this: when people discuss the impossibility of
> Asterisk handling transfers, are they only speaking of SIP setups?
> Is it possible to do supervised transfers through Asterisk over
> plain old phone lines?

Yes, you can.  Just turn on threewaycalling and transfer in
zapata.conf.  Flashhook, dial the number, talk (if you wish) to the
person you've just dialled (without the caller you're transferring
hearing).  If you flashhook again, you'll have a threeway call; if
you simply hangup, the call will be transferred.

-Tilghman