[Asterisk-Users] Weird IAX2 problem

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Thu Oct 16 08:56:01 MST 2003

> When I get a inbound call on my Voicepulse DID, the call hits my asterisk
> server correctly with the correct callerid (the DID phone number
> 617902xxxx). when the call gets passed on to a softphone (X-lite), the
> caller id that shows up on the X-lite softphone as  Lee , that is the one
> that I have set for outbound Voicepulse calls (callerid=Lee <978xxxxxxx>)
>
> Any ideas

Take out the callerid= line. Instead, for outgoing calls, set it explicitly
(shown below).

> Also, and I don't know if it's related, No matter what I set my callerid
> , my outbound calls to Voicepulse always get the default 0000000000
callerid

Try something like:

exten => s,1,SetCallerID("Lee" <(978) xxx-xxxx>)
exten => s,2,Dial,IAX2/XXX at voicepulse/${ARG1}|60|r

I use Macros, hence the ARG1

Seems to work fine (I also use voicepulse for incoming+outgoing).

> Thanks
>
> Lee Goodman

-Shaun