[Asterisk-Users] Weird IAX2 problem

Lee Goodman lee.goodman at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 07:43:38 MST 2003

I have an inbound and outbound account with Voicepulse (I am very happy with
the service, btw).

But I have a weird IAX2 problem.

When I get a inbound call on my Voicepulse DID, the call hits my asterisk
server correctly with the correct callerid (the DID phone number
617902xxxx). when the call gets passed on to a softphone (X-lite), the
caller id that shows up on the X-lite softphone as  Lee , that is the one
that I have set for outbound Voicepulse calls (callerid=Lee <978xxxxxxx>)

Any ideas

Also, and I don't know if it's related, No matter what I set my callerid to
, my outbound calls to Voicepulse always get the default 0000000000 callerid

Thanks

Lee Goodman