[Asterisk-Users] Weird IAX2 problem

Lee Goodman lee.goodman at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 11:47:33 MST 2003

Shaun

Thanks!!!!
I finally got it working

You where correct. Removing the callerid from the iax.conf file allowed my
DID callerid to show up on the destination phones. I have no idea why the
callerid field in the iax.conf would overwrite the inbound callerid (I
thought it was for outbound callerid). In fact, I'm not sure why you would
change your inbound caller id anyways.

As for outbound callerid. I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work for
me. I tried something a little different (added the {EXTEN}before the ARG1)
and now it works correctly. Here is my configuration

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID("Lee Goodman"<(978) XXX-XXXX>)
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial,IAX2/blahblah at voicepulse/${EXTEN}/${ARG1}

I sent a message to Operations at Voicepulse, letting them know this config
works for their service. Also, I think the callerid in the iax.conf file
effecting inbound callerid is a bug. I'm going to enter a bug in the bug
list

Thanks again for all your help

Lee