[Asterisk-Users] Problem with DTMF 'looping' / mis-dials (X100P card)

Sam S asterisk-users at sensecompute.com
Thu Oct 9 22:27:23 MST 2003

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with * being very finicky about the length of
DTMF key-presses during menus, voicemail, etc. Basically, short (<100
ms) tones are ignored, anything between 100ms (or so) and about 300ms
is correctly detected, and anything >300ms is interpreted as multiple
presses of the same key. This is terrible for callers who are trying
to get to the correct extension number, delete a voicemail message,
etc.

Any ideas why this is happening, or how to fix it? I searched the
mailing list back to 7/1/03 but found no mention. Here's my * setup.
Note presence of Vodavi Starplus DHS phone system in call path.

Pentium II -350 / Redhat 9.0 / (3) X100P cards
X100P cards are connected to an Analog SLT adaptor, which goes to a
digital ports on a Vodavi StarPlus DHS phone system. (So call path
is: PSTN --> Vodavi Starplus --> Analog SLT adaptor --> X100P card.)
Asterisk CVS-08/29/03-09:23:49

I have not updated to the most recent CVS because of various problems
I've seen cropping up on the bug tracking site.. Something tells me
this is not CVS-related but perhaps something to do with the Vodavi.
Any suggestions? DTMF parameters I can tweak?

Here's an example of what Voicemail2 does when I hold down the "7"
key while listening to a message:
(Flip-flop period is about 3-4 cycles per second.)
   -- Playing 'vm-deleted'
     -- Playing 'vm-undeleted'
     -- Playing 'vm-deleted'
     -- Playing 'vm-undeleted'