[Asterisk-Users] Results SUSE 8.2 + server size

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Thu Oct 9 13:32:39 MST 2003

Hello All,
Thanks to those that responded to my problem of compiling on SUSE 8.2.  I
was not able to get the compile done so decided to put RedHat 9 on this
system.  After getting a RedHat supported NIC and RedHat installed,
Asterisk compiled cleanly, one SIP phone is connected and voice mail
works. No other tests have been run yet.

A couple of days ago, Michael Farnworth asked about the smallest system
that was running Asterisk.   This one is a Pentium 100,  32 MB RAM, 8 GB
disk. I don't expect it to handle much load but for a test platform it
seems ok to use while trying to find a low cost P4 system.

Regards,
Robert
Friedrichshafen, Germany