[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Trunking confirmation?

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 10:39:29 MST 2003

Hi,

My question is in refernece to the posting by Jeremy McNamara here..

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-October/022966.html

He states that in order for "trunking" to work the type has to be peer..
When I set mine up I did so using type=friend just to make it simple..
So when I read the above posting I thought well maybe my "trunking" has
not been working properly since I set it up (It does in fact work, I can
make and recieve calls over the IAX connection without any apperent
problems)..

So a short while ago I opened up my conf files and tried setting the
type to peer from friend (yes I reloaded *).. Guess what??.. The link no
longer worked.. I then tried setting type to user and it is worked.. So
my IAX link works as friend and user but not as peer.. Seeing as peer
was specified as the requirement in order to get an IAX2 trunk to work
properly I am a little confused..

Is my setup working when it shouldn't be or have I got something backwards??

Later..