[Asterisk-Users] Mini-PC box to run server

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Oct 8 14:29:01 MST 2003

well on a related note, I had all sorts of quality issues with asterisk on
a Cyrix C3-600 cpu that all went away when I switched to a higher speed
celeron.

on the c3, things like file transfers while on the phone could "heard" in
the background as a difference in background noise, dtmf detection was very
poor, changing things like bios optimizations made a noticeable impact, so
I think it was right on the edge of not being powerful enough.

While this is not an itx, I think the whole situation is similar though in
terms of a stripped down mobo running lower power stuff