[Asterisk-Users] TE410P: Double/missed interrupt detected

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Oct 5 10:26:01 MST 2003

> a.) In an effort to push Linux's poor job of handling interrupt
> latancy, which makes it a not so good choice for real time systems
> that the TE410 driver is simply pushing the limits a little.
> Which is all right by me :)

Well, Zaptel needs to service interrupts once every 1000 microseconds.  If
not, it misses a sample (not the end of the world, mind you).  No driver
should leave interrupts disabled for anywhere *near* 1000 microseconds.
If you need that long, put it in a bottom-half handler.

> b.) The TE410 driver needs a little tweaking to play better
> with others and handle it's interrupt requests better.
> Which is all right by me too :)

If interrupts are disabled there is nothing we can do, except not
interrupt as frequently, but this leads to additional latency.

Mark