[Asterisk-Users] TE410P: Double/missed interrupt detected

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Sun Oct 5 10:10:51 MST 2003

Mark Spencer wrote:
> It won't cause any sort of serious problem, but you are getting it with an
> unusually high frequency.  What's particularly interesting is that it
> occurs almost exactly once per minute, on the minute.  This would seem to
> suggest that you have some hardware in your system which, once per minute,
> is blocking interrupts.

Wasn't to hard to find. First thing I did was to unload the
compaq adavance management driver. Now I just get a few on boot
up, somewhere around when the kernels messing around with the
mtrr serverworks chipset.

Ok, I guess it's no big thing and shouldn't cause any harm
but I've never had this type of error before on any Linux
server I've run.

I'll summize that it's one of two things......

a.) In an effort to push Linux's poor job of handling interrupt
latancy, which makes it a not so good choice for real time systems
that the TE410 driver is simply pushing the limits a little.
Which is all right by me :)

b.) The TE410 driver needs a little tweaking to play better
with others and handle it's interrupt requests better.
Which is all right by me too :)

I'm not saying I know what the heck I'm talking about here
but just curious. Falls into one of my Linux mottos...
"I now know more about it then I ever cared to"

Thanks,
Ken