[Asterisk-Users] Voice detection

Brad Waite brad at wcubed.net
Fri Oct 3 10:25:18 MST 2003

Steve,

I don't have any real experience in DSP methodologies, although I have picked up
on the high-level theories in my research.  However, I am *very* strong-willed
in the "Where there's a will, there's a way" category.  :)

Here's my current thought:

Sphinx is an open source STT library that can work in real-time (specifically
sphinx2).  Could we not pipe the called party's audio into it and then look for
a given period of time with no text output?

I also found this site,
http://www.cs.wpi.edu/~claypool/courses/525-S01/projects/proj1/ where a prof's
got a project for students that fits perfectly with what I'd like to do.  He
mentions Rabiner and Sambur's algorithm (from 1975) for detecting isolated
speech endpoints.

Brad