[Asterisk-Users] Voice detection

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Fri Oct 3 07:37:26 MST 2003

Hi Brad-

Yes, there's lots of voice detection software that exists - but not much
free software.  Last year, I had to pay an audio software engineer to
develop similar code for a project that I was working on.  Detecting voice
(or any kind of audio) is a matter of measuring the audio energy in the
particular bandwidth you're interested in over a short time period.

There is even software that can differentiate between a human speaking, and
a answering machine message which is longer and has a different "cadence"
than a human saying "hello" or answering with their name etc

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.

Email:          scott at evtmedia.com <mailto:scott at evtmedia.com>