[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7940/60 firmware

rjrae asterisk at softprofit.com
Wed Oct 1 08:41:41 MST 2003

Could use some assistance please....

            I have failed to get past the cisco gauntlet and am prevented
from accessing the 7940 firmware required to get SIP on the phones I
purchased on ebay.  I would be happy to buy the cisco support but they tell
me I have to be IP-tel certified first, this is no small feat, requiring
they say, a min  of 6 certifications and 3 staff members.

Cisco offers some kind of equipment re-certification, testing etc. then
purchase a new liscence for the phone,  time consumming and expensive.

I am aware of the "bitten in the ass syndrome" which I carefully avoid most
of the time however I am bitten and need some help.

Please advise.

Robert J Rae
Softprofit Solutions