[Asterisk-Users] cisco 7940/60 firmware

Ryan Butler rbutler at adiis.net
Wed Oct 1 09:02:16 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 10:41, rjrae wrote:
> Could use some assistance please....
>
>             I have failed to get past the cisco gauntlet and am prevented
> from accessing the 7940 firmware required to get SIP on the phones I
> purchased on ebay.  I would be happy to buy the cisco support but they tell
> me I have to be IP-tel certified first, this is no small feat, requiring
> they say, a min  of 6 certifications and 3 staff members.

I have never heard of such a thing.  Order a Smartnet Category 1 8x5NBD
contract (usually $75-$100 on the net)  and put that contract # in
Cisco's scc center.  You'll then have access to all the images for the
7940/7960.  Category 1 is the right category for the 7940/7960, they
will require a serial # of one of the units.

Ryan Butler
ADI Internet Solutions
rbutler at adiis.net