[Asterisk-Users] How to demo * on a notebook

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Nov 25 14:47:59 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 14:23, costas wrote:
> I want to be able to demo * on a notebook at a client's site.  This
> means no FXO gateways; just 2 sip phones (like SNOM) and maybe a
> softphone (GnoPhone?). I already have RH9 running on my notebook.
>
> I would like to have one SIP phone dial and go through IVR before
> making a choice and ringing the other phone extensions. Of course the
> notebook would have to be running Asterisk.
>
> How can i setup one of the SIP phones to be the "outside" caller and
> go to IVR? What would the outside phone's "dial out" plan do.
>
> I assume the configuration files affected would be extensions.conf and
> sip.conf. If someone has an example of a couple of lines of .conf
> would be appreciated.

Without trying to be rude, if you don't understand contexts and how to
make different phones/users show up in different contexts, then you may
not be ready to think about demoing the software. You are still a long
way from being able to implement.

But to answer your question in hopes to get you to the desired point.
Make a context in extensions that will host your outside line. This is
where that phone will pick up all calls, probably no matter what the
extension used and then do a goto to the IVR you script up. The internal
phone sits in a different context and is accessible from a extension you
set up, or several extensions.