[Asterisk-Users] How to demo * on a notebook

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 14:54:25 MST 2003

For testing, I have an extension (1000) that when dialed does ao
"goto" to the "s" extension in "default".  So if I dail 1000
I get to hear what an outside caller would hear.

The other option would be to simply dail the IP address of the
notebook from a SIP phone, then you realy would be an "outside
caller"

One other idea might be to use the USB FXO interface but I don't
know how well it works.  Some peole here have complained about
sound quality

--- costas  <costas at meezon.com> wrote:
> I want to be able to demo * on a notebook at a client's site.  This
> means no FXO gateways; just 2 sip phones (like SNOM) and maybe a
> softphone (GnoPhone?). I already have RH9 running on my notebook.
>
> I would like to have one SIP phone dial and go through IVR before
> making a choice and ringing the other phone extensions. Of course the
> notebook would have to be running Asterisk.
>
> How can i setup one of the SIP phones to be the "outside" caller and
> go to IVR? What would the outside phone's "dial out" plan do.
>
> I assume the configuration files affected would be extensions.conf
> and sip.conf. If someone has an example of a couple of lines of .conf
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Costas Menico