[Asterisk-Users] How to demo * on a notebook

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Nov 25 14:22:53 MST 2003

> I want to be able to demo * on a notebook at a client's site.  This means no FXO gateways;
just 2 sip phones (like SNOM) and maybe a softphone (GnoPhone?). I already have RH9 running on
my notebook.

> I would like to have one SIP phone dial and go through IVR before making a choice and ringing
the other phone extensions. Of course the notebook would have to be running Asterisk.

> How can i setup one of the SIP phones to be the "outside" caller and go to IVR? What would the
outside phone's "dial out" plan do.

> I assume the configuration files affected would be extensions.conf and sip.conf. If someone
has an example of a couple of lines of .conf would be appreciated.

One way to accomplish the demo is to config the laptop to use iax and
register with your home/office system. Your home/office system would have
a dial plan that effectively allows you to call back into the laptop.
Sip -> laptop -> iax -> home/office -> iax -> laptop -> 2nd Sip
(Obviously, that depends on your customer site allowing outbound iax
traffic.)

Rich