[Asterisk-Users] callerid problem...zaptel ppl

C M maharzan at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 09:47:29 MST 2003

--- Andrew Kohlsmith <akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com>
wrote:
> > i am having callerid problems with *. i have the
> > callerid from my telco and it shows up in my
> normal
> > phone when i connect it directly to the line but
> if i
> > connect the same phone thru * server the callerid
> is
> > not shown. i am using X101p and tdm400p. i have
> > everything defined in my zapata.conf well and
> fine. i
> > finally came to conclusion that this might have
> > happened due to the registration of country with
> > zaptel in the zaptel.conf. i am in nepal. if
> anyone
> > could help, that would be great.
>
> I have a friend with two phone lines (Bell Canada)
> -- both with CID, both
> plugged in to their own X101P card.  One line gets
> CID just fine, the other
> has problems (1 in 6 calls have CID come through for
> *).  A regular old
> phone in either picks up CID every time.

i can't get callerid in anyway thru *.

> Swap the lines so that they're going into the other
> X101P; problem stays
> with line.  Change cabling up to demarc, no change
> in problem.

whats demarc? can u explain more?

> The only thing I can come up with is that the FSK
> softmodem in * is a little
> too strict, and the one line is a little too loose.
> :-)

with throrough readings and more, i found that there
is a caller id program which could be used to check if
my modem supports the callerid format coming from the
telco. my zaptel modem doesnot seems to detected by
linux as a modem. how can i find in which port my
modem(X101P) is installed? /dev/ttys0???? once this is
achieved i can tweak some portions in callerid.c to
work with our countrys format.

the format i guess is similar to UK...callerid comes
before the first ring???

> Regards,
> Andrew

=====