[Asterisk-Users] callerid problem...zaptel ppl

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Nov 23 07:52:19 MST 2003

> i am having callerid problems with *. i have the
> callerid from my telco and it shows up in my normal
> phone when i connect it directly to the line but if i
> connect the same phone thru * server the callerid is
> not shown. i am using X101p and tdm400p. i have
> everything defined in my zapata.conf well and fine. i
> finally came to conclusion that this might have
> happened due to the registration of country with
> zaptel in the zaptel.conf. i am in nepal. if anyone
> could help, that would be great.

I have a friend with two phone lines (Bell Canada) -- both with CID, both
plugged in to their own X101P card.  One line gets CID just fine, the other
has problems (1 in 6 calls have CID come through for *).  A regular old
phone in either picks up CID every time.

Swap the lines so that they're going into the other X101P; problem stays
with line.  Change cabling up to demarc, no change in problem.

The only thing I can come up with is that the FSK softmodem in * is a little
too strict, and the one line is a little too loose.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew