[Asterisk-Users] FAQ, Documentation, How-to, etc

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Thu Nov 20 07:23:01 MST 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 02:11 am, Ray Burkholder wrote:
> I think the key idea is to help newbies along as much as possible so they
> don't have to revert to the list to obtain answers to their questions.  This
> will reduce list bandwidth, possibly significantly.
>
> I see that we already have a four line digium footer on each and every
> message.  With judicious re-arrangement, so as not to expand the footer
> significantly, we put in a pointer to an FAQ, which in turn points to
> valuable documentation resources such as voip-info and xvoip, plus answers
> (or links) to common questions such as the moh issue, echo, ...

Hello.

It appears that digium is using postfix and mailman.

If qmail and ezmlm was being used, an unsubscribe and help footer can be
added.
The help sends the user a help file where there is an option to retrieve a FAQ
file, an info file and previous mails by index, number, thread etc.

The point is, it keeps the footer small.

Regards...Martin