[Asterisk-Users] Can anyone give me an example of sip.conf and extensions.conf about asterisk SIP Proxy server?

Qian Lv lvqian1977 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 23:32:24 MST 2003

Hi, all,
I am a beginner of asterisk SIP, now I have 3 pc, one runs asterisk as a SIP proxy, and the other two run softphone(Ubiquity) as User Agents. As below:

User Agent <------------> Proxy Server <----------------> User Agent
(Ubiquity)                     Asterisk SIP                        (Ubiquity)

My sip.conf and extensions.conf is as follows:

sip.conf

[general]

port = 5060

bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

allow=all

context = bogon-calls

[2000]

type=friend

username=2000

secret=9overthruster7

host=dynamic

context=from-sip

[2001]

type=friend

username=2001

secret=11bbanzai9

host=dynamic

context=from-sip

extensions.conf
[general]

static=yes

writeprotect=yes

[bogon-calls]

exten => _.,1,Congestion

[from-sip]

exten => 2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000,20)

exten => 2000,102,Hangup

exten => 2001,1,Dial(SIP/2001,20)

exten => 2001,102,Hangup

But these files don't work! The proxy server always shows :

        SIP/2.0 503 Service Unavailable

I don't know how to do. Need I set up another PC as a Registrar Server?  Can anyone

give me suggestions about the sip.conf and extensions.conf?

Regards,

=======
Lv Qian,
Ph.D Student,