[Asterisk-Users] Controlling asterisk in a dynamic way

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Nov 20 08:32:58 MST 2003

Hi.

Il gio, 2003-11-20 alle 15:55, Philipp von Klitzing ha scritto:

> Answer: By making the FAQ part of the * install and display that very
> document on screen after "make install". I'd say 95% of the new users
> first get * onto their box and THEN start to ask questions.

I agree with that.

> To my mind this is much better than a) a scheduled FAQ (you'd have to
> post it once a day to prevent the obvious questions), and b) an FAQ link
> as part of the ML footer (although I think that'd be a good complementary
> move).
for a) I say nope! , since a daily post for FAQ could be annoying
for experienced users (alot), perhaps newbies will not wait
for that post, as soon as they're subscribed and so on.

I vote yes on B) and why not using a footer like
mplayer-users ML, where it says something like
"RTFM! <link to some docs here>" :)

Matteo

--
Matteo Brancaleoni
Espia System Administrator
Email : mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Web   : http://www.espia.it
Phone : +39 02 70633354      - ext 201
IAX(2): guest at 213.140.14.155 - ext 201
Iaxtel: 1-700-56-62458       - ext 201