[Asterisk-Users] Controlling asterisk in a dynamic way

Peter Brown peterabrown at froggy.com.au
Wed Nov 19 22:58:20 MST 2003

At 16:37 20/11/03 +1100, you wrote:
>MessageI've always been keen for XmlRpc interface, currently I have no need
>(hence cbf'd writing it) but wouldn't be a hard task. This would allow easy
>development of any tools to admin asterisk. (eg 3 lines of code to call a
>xmlrpc function in php).

>calls but not to redirect them, google for them.
>
> >Hi !
> >
> >I'm just wondering if it is possible to control asterisk in a dynamic way,
>such as, for example, signal to asterisk to give
> >info about callers that are queued ( like in a hotline, everybody is queued
>until somebody take their call), and
> >explicitly signal asterisks to redirect a particular call to a computer
>through VoIP ( imagine a hotliner choosing a call
> >from a list of waiting calls and getting this one on his Computer >through
>VoIP).
> >
> >I found information about dialplans | but they are all static ( conf
>files), we would like them to be "user controlled",
> >that is, a user can get the waiting call list at any time, and explicitly
>take one particular call.
> >
> >Thanks for your help !
> >
> >Adrien

Anyone can throw stuff at anyone. But, the people on this list that
contribute the most are know and appreciated for their selfless work to
help others.
We are all indebted to them and lately Olle is added to that list in
documenting Asterisk in an incremental fashion.

These guys are right in occasionally getting a little snarly. Abusing the
list (for instance by asking a question before they have done the search
work) is like not valuing these contributors time.

But we do have newbies that with different skill levels. We wont change
that, we can only influence them for the second and following questions. On
balance this is a kind, helpful list and we should be thankful for that.

Now given the above, how do we encourage newbies to look for past answers
first?

Peter