[Asterisk-Users] creative VoIP blaster & *

Anthony Wood woody+asterisk at switchonline.com.au
Wed Nov 19 04:23:44 MST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 06:07:46AM -0500, Patrick Cantwell wrote:
> Ok,
> 	I've googled for 15+ minutes, and have yet to find a usable answer, so I'm
> going to annoy everyone and ask here.
>
> I have, in my posession, a creative VoIP blaster.  I have installed the
> fobbit LKM and I can see the device.  Can I use it with asterisk in any
> meaningful way, shape, or form?  I'd love to be able to buy an IP phone,
> ATA, or FXO card, but lack the funds at the moment (won't get into why a
> grandstream phone at $65 is out of my budget, just take my word for it).
>
> Can I turn this hardware that's laying around into anything useful?

I saw on an Asterisk FAQ somewhere (I too can't find it in Google) but it's
here: http://www.asstricks.org/faq.html

->

4. I bought a Creative Labs VOIP-Blaster. How can I hook it up to use with Asterisk?

You may hook up the VOIP-Blaster to Asterisk, but you can only use it to talk to other VOIP-Blasters. Due to the patent on the codec used by the VOIP-Blaster, it isn't likely that Asterisk will allow the VOIP-Blaster as a simple handset (other than with other VOIP-Blasters) anytime soon.

->

Anyway, maybe you can find another blaster user, or ask Creative what if you can implement the codec :-)

cheers,
Woody