[Asterisk-Users] creative VoIP blaster & *

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Wed Nov 19 05:22:49 MST 2003

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Cantwell" <pat at insomnia.org>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 1:07 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] creative VoIP blaster & *

> Ok,
> I've googled for 15+ minutes, and have yet to find a usable answer, so I'm
> going to annoy everyone and ask here.
>
> I have, in my posession, a creative VoIP blaster.  I have installed the
> fobbit LKM and I can see the device.  Can I use it with asterisk in any
> meaningful way, shape, or form?  I'd love to be able to buy an IP phone,
> ATA, or FXO card, but lack the funds at the moment (won't get into why a
> grandstream phone at $65 is out of my budget, just take my word for it).
>
> Can I turn this hardware that's laying around into anything useful?

If you have windows drivers, then try it with DIAX software phone.
You can select it as audio in/out device and PC speaker as ring device.
Unfortunatelly you cannot use the full functionality of the analog phone,
but this can be a start.
If you have some API documentation for it, I can fully integrate it with
DIAX

BR,
Dan
P.S. I use it in this way with a similar device: Actiontec's Internet Phone
Wizard.