[Asterisk-Users] Question about incoming/outgoing

Wayne Black wireless at bscn.com
Tue Nov 18 16:29:25 MST 2003

We've got one of the Budgetone phones here, and we can call from any SIP
phone, or an outside line TO this phone and the conversation sounds great for
bothways, not a bad delay, no echo problem, etc.  But when we pick up the
Budgetone and dial an outside line or another SIP phone the person on the
Budgeton just sounds really choppy and there is a slight delay.  We've messed
with settings and tried each codec individually all with the same results.
There is no problem with the network that the phone is on, its private set up
to test this out.  I'm not blameing the hardware, but I know i'm missing
something.  Calls to/from software SIP phones and a POTS phone sound great
to/from SIP phone and outside lines.  This is the only thing we're still
having problems with.   Has anyone run into this before or can anyone point
me to any additional settings i can tweak ether on the phone or in asterisk?

Thanks much.

WB