[Asterisk-Users] Question about incoming/outgoing

Walker Haddock whaddock at datacrest.com
Tue Nov 18 17:55:49 MST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 05:29:25PM -0600, Wayne Black wrote:
> We've got one of the Budgetone phones here, and we can call from any SIP
> phone, or an outside line TO this phone and the conversation sounds great for
> bothways, not a bad delay, no echo problem, etc.  But when we pick up the
> Budgetone and dial an outside line or another SIP phone the person on the
> Budgeton just sounds really choppy and there is a slight delay.  We've messed
> with settings and tried each codec individually all with the same results.
> There is no problem with the network that the phone is on, its private set up
> to test this out.  I'm not blameing the hardware, but I know i'm missing
> something.  Calls to/from software SIP phones and a POTS phone sound great
> to/from SIP phone and outside lines.  This is the only thing we're still
> having problems with.   Has anyone run into this before or can anyone point
> me to any additional settings i can tweak ether on the phone or in asterisk?
>
> Thanks much.
>
> WB
Can you send an example of your sip.conf for the GS phone to the list?  If you have debugging on you might look through the debug log and see how the call is set up.  Sounds like a codec problem.

--
********   DataCrest, Inc. -- Technically Superior   ******************
Walker Haddock                       http://www.datacrest.com
DataCrest, Inc.                    e-mail:  wh at datacrest.com
1634A Montgomery Hwy.    phone:  1-888-941-3282, 1-205-335-8589
Birmingham, AL 35216                  fax:  1-205-823-7838