[Asterisk-Users] PBX (Asterisk) <-> Cellular Phone Network

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Tue Nov 18 07:59:32 MST 2003

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Uzzell" <david at uzzell.com.au>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] PBX (Asterisk) <-> Cellular Phone Network

> Dan wrote:
> > Hi,

> >>I won't bother with any of that - purchase a Nokia Premicell (or other
> >>manufacturers similar item). This device takes a normal GSM SIM card and
> >>then presents a normal PSTN line interface - plug that into your normal
> >>Asterisk PSTN line card - job done.
> >

> > A PCI and/or USB device, Asterisk compatible, able to accept a SIM card
and
> > talking digital only (inclusiv audio) will be a great thing, even
internally
> > it can be based on a cheaper GSM phone...
> >
> > What about a PCMCIA GSM card connected through a PCI/PCMCIA adapter?
> > There is only needed an Asterisk supported driver.
> >
> > :-)
> > Dan
> >

> That sounds like a really GREAT idea, I thought I would put my foot in.
>
> A great result in this would be some way to drive the Nokia phones
> through the serial Port and Computer cable!

...then you need an audio cable too, connected to the handsfree socket....

What about then to use the OSS driver and a cheaper full duplex sound card
to connect the phone....
You neet then just the following:
- a GSM/CDMA phone with handsfree socket and data cable
- a full duplex sound card
- OSS driver for the sound part (* CONSOLE maybe???)
- a small driver for the serial port

> This would allow us in Australia to be able to use CDMA it would also
> mean that any cheap Nokia phone could be used as long as it has the
> computer cable link.

BR,
Dan