[Asterisk-Users] PBX (Asterisk) <-> Cellular Phone Network

David Uzzell david at uzzell.com.au
Tue Nov 18 06:54:02 MST 2003

Dan wrote:
> Hi,

>>I won't bother with any of that - purchase a Nokia Premicell (or other
>>manufacturers similar item). This device takes a normal GSM SIM card and
>>then presents a normal PSTN line interface - plug that into your normal
>>Asterisk PSTN line card - job done.
>

> A PCI and/or USB device, Asterisk compatible, able to accept a SIM card and
> talking digital only (inclusiv audio) will be a great thing, even internally
> it can be based on a cheaper GSM phone...
>
> What about a PCMCIA GSM card connected through a PCI/PCMCIA adapter?
> There is only needed an Asterisk supported driver.
>
> :-)
> Dan

That sounds like a really GREAT idea, I thought I would put my foot in.

A great result in this would be some way to drive the Nokia phones
through the serial Port and Computer cable!

This would allow us in Australia to be able to use CDMA it would also
mean that any cheap Nokia phone could be used as long as it has the
computer cable link.

Anyway thats my 2c worth in the Pot!

David