[Asterisk-Users] Message lamp integration with legacy pbx during conversion

Josh J. Zuerner josh at jzconsulting.com
Sun Nov 16 15:25:17 MST 2003

I posted this earlier on the development list.  For those of you who watch both lists, please pardon the duplication.

Currently, in our * lab we use all SIP phones so the MWI NOTIFY works perfect.

I would like to do a pilot with some legacy gear, however.  Accordingly, I'd like to be able to have * dial 1000X where X is the box that has a new voicemail message and 1001X when the user of mb X deletes the new message(s).  The dialing should occur within the default context.  In each case, our legacy gear will turn on/off the message waiting lamp.

For example, if I currently dial 1000400 on my * SIP phone, the MW lamp on legacy X 400 is flipped on by the PBX.  If I dial 1001400 on my * SIP phone, the MW lamp on legacy X 400 is flipped off.

Does this dialing capability already exist?  I would think that in any case where * would be co-implemented with another PBX, some mechanism for basic DTMF voicemail notification would be needed.  Alternatively, support in voicemail.conf for a newvoicemail event command and a nonewvoicemail event command would be very helpful.

I appreciate any assistance and would also take feedback on paying for someone to contribute this functionality to *.  We are really excited about using the platform in our office, and are doing so on a limited basis, but we need this support to move forward.

Thanks.

Josh