[Asterisk-Users] Message lamp integration with legacy pbx during conversion

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Nov 16 15:53:46 MST 2003

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Josh J. Zuerner wrote:

[...]
> For example, if I currently dial 1000400 on my * SIP phone, the MW lamp on legacy X 400 is flipped on by the PBX.  If I dial 1001400 on my * SIP phone, the MW lamp on legacy X 400 is flipped off.
>
> Does this dialing capability already exist?  I would think that in any case where * would be co-implemented with another PBX, some mechanism for basic DTMF voicemail notification would be needed.  Alternatively, support in voicemail.conf for a newvoicemail event command and a nonewvoicemail event command would be very helpful.

Just have a look at the sample.call file that comes with asterisk.
You'll only have to fill out the right telephone numbers and maybe have it
connect to some dummy extension that just waits a second before hanging up
(if your PBX needs more than just a ring).
Then put a copy of that file in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing and * will
immediately place the call you described in that file.

> I appreciate any assistance and would also take feedback on paying for someone to contribute this functionality to *.  We are really excited about using the platform in our office, and are doing so on a limited basis, but we need this support to move forward.

If you feel the urge to spend money, just contact me off-list ;-)

Cheers,
	Siggi