[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 based software client ..pls help

Michael Van Donselaar mvand at vandonselaar.org
Thu Nov 13 07:44:03 MST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:10:52 +0200, "Dan" <dtoma at fx.ro> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am very closed to implement the IAX2 version in DIAX, but still some
>issues which I don't know how to handle, maybe someone from this list can
>help me.
>
>Trying to register with the * server as in version 1, I get the following in
>the * console:
>
>NOTICE[1150495040]: File chan_iax2.c, Line 2919 (register_verify):
>Inappropriate authentication received
>
>and in the client:
>Registration rejected

Since you are using the iaxclient_lib core, your should really just need to
change IAXVER=1 to IAXVER=2 in the iaxclient/lib/Makefile

Note that the .remote element of the iaxc_ev_call_state struct only holds
callerid number when you switch to IAX2, rather than the name and number.  (I
added a remote_name element, because I use that in iaxComm)

>There is something to be changed in iax.conf file regarding the user
>definition?
>there is an iax2.conf file too?
>
>I ask this because in the iax.conf file there is a line in the general
>section:
>port=5036
>which is specific to IAX1

I've always run with the port line commented out.  You'll notice that there is a
console error associated with this.  I always took it to mean that IAX2 would be
disabled.