[Asterisk-Users] Assignement of extension to Netmeeting with dynamic IP address

Michael Manousos manousos at inaccessnetworks.com
Thu Nov 13 04:38:41 MST 2003

Panagidou Anna wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help me in something I am trying to do but have
> no clue on how to do it:
>
> I have an Asterisk installation and I would like to be able to assign
> certain extensions to people with NetMeetings that take dynamic IP
> address.
>
> Does any one know how I can get the IP of an incoming channel in order
> to be able to dial back to that channel after the call is hangup?

You, certainly, don't want to do something like that.

> Does registering with a gatekeeper has anything to do with this?

Yeap, that's the right solution. Just instruct all Netmeeting users
to register with a gatekeeper. Each user will register with a unique
number/ID, known to you. You can use these numbers/IDs to connect
extenion numbers with real IP phones (in extensions.conf).

> Any clues welcome
>
> Thanks,
> Anna

Michael.