[Asterisk-Users] Couple of Questions for Australian Users!

David Uzzell david at uzzell.com.au
Thu Nov 13 04:31:58 MST 2003

Just a couple of questions for Aussie users/resellers!

I have only just started to look at asterisk a couple of weeks ago and
have found some very intresting discussions and some useful info on what
can and can´t be done with it and technology.

The questions i have is,

Are there people using it is Aussie?( I would say yes so prob answered
my own question ) :)

Hardware, is the digium hardware OK in australia? or does it require
changes/mod´s or is just a pain in the butt?

Alternate hardward for Aussie if above is an issues?

Resellers/Importers of the Digium hardware? I have looked at the website
and see that there are aussie resellers but they all seem to have their
own agenda and the one I spoke to was not intrested in selling me
hardware alone they wanted to do me a whole service deal!

Also IP phones? What type/recomendation? I am going to be using Phone
Software as well on laptops but I need an IP phone option to do phones
over WAN. I really only know of the cisco and avaya types, I have not
had any contact with any other types of phones. Intrested in Aussie
suppliers for what ever phone you would recomened unless they are great
phones then I would have to find an USA reseller.

OK think thats all! Thanks Guys doing some great work with what looks to
be some very GREAT software!

Thanks in advance for your help!

David Uzzell