[Asterisk-Users] IBM to Run VoIP On Linux

Asterisk online forums asterisk at stealthtele.com
Sat Nov 8 16:38:20 MST 2003

Robert,

You are right about licensing issues. But I have mentioned in my email that
we need direct support from Mark and Digium.
It might be direct license or something else. But  we need Digium and Mark
to participate in this project.

Now about commercialization : Idea  is to create enhanced version of *,
which will include customer support,
documentations, manuals, new additional services (like voice termination),
etc.

Asterisk as it is now will stay as it is.. But enhanced version will be
commercial, and again we need to calculate all fees and expenses involved.
But commercial version will help community and Digum and all of us to make
nice famous product.
For someone who can't afford  fees for technical support we will open
Asterisk Knowledgebase .. my idea is to have it in normal way and open...
But to create one, to make it nice and informative we need funds. It is
clear that Digium is not going to sponsor the project (maybe I am wrong,
this is why I need  some feedback from Mark). so we need to find funding by
ourselves.
My company is willing to participate in project and ready to bring some
parts into it.

Once again, I want to make clear one thing. Nobody is talking about complete
commercialization of Asterisk, I am talking only about enhanced version. I
can bet that  we will have customers willing to pay money to have system
with enhanced features, support ,etc.
We just need to start it.
If any questions ,let's discuss it. Also thank you Robert that you published
your  info on forums, for someone who is not part  of mailing list it bring
information :)

Thanks,
Alexander

Unofficial Asterisk Forums