[Asterisk-Users] IBM to Run VoIP On Linux

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Sat Nov 8 15:55:02 MST 2003

> I think it is time to start commercial Pro version (not expensive !!!) of
> Asterisk.
> In my company we already made decision to do it, to offer people
> ready-to-go solution. But is is hard to do anykind of such product without
> Digium and Mark's support.
> Mark  I think you are  very overloaded with all projects, maybe we can
> help
> with Asterisk project.  "Asterisk Basic" will stay as it is now, but we
> will
> be developing
> "Asterisk Pro".

Correct me if I am wrong, but unless you have a license from Digium
directly then you must sell your "Pro" version software under GPL.  What
you do for documentation/packaging is probalby not covered under GPL.

You make some good points but I think that the solution is not to
commercialize everything.  There is starting to be a trend of businesses
(and governments) turning away from commercialization (ever so slowly but
it is in that direction).  Pick something that is missing and contribute
that to the community.

Robert