[Asterisk-Users] Strange Problem with Asterisk....

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Thu Nov 6 22:20:40 MST 2003

> No, I have Meetme on an extension, but the users don't even know about it
> and the ext# for it is in a completely different range.

Hrm okay.

> I don't know if I explained it adequately looking back on my post.  The
> situation persisted over 8 to 10 hours and through numerous calls.  what
> seems weird to me is that the other extensions functioned correctly, but the
> one didn't. I could pick up the handset and be listening to the sounds of
> someone working quietly at their desk, and then if they made a call, I could
> hear the ringing, the person answer, but not the caller.  this happened over
> and over.  But it didn't pick up the audio of all the other zap channels,
> just 4 or 5.

You can do "zap show channel <foo>" to see what the state of a particular
zap channel is.  The only situation i've ever heard of anything like this
in is related to MeetMe and flashhook transfer being combined.  If it
happens to get in the state again, let me know.  Also, check the call
detail records to see if there were any unusual calls at the time.

Mark