[Asterisk-Users] Really strange bug with festival

Jason Penton j.penton at ru.ac.za
Thu Nov 6 23:11:15 MST 2003

Hi All

I have come across a really strange bug using app_festival. This bug
however only occurs when I am calling from a sip client. When calling
from an H.323 client everythign works fine.

After initiation of festival within the extensions file - there seems to
be an error coming from rtp.c about the audio read failing and that the
resource will be temporarily unavailale. Any attempt to execute various
applications after festival i.e. Wait(10) or get_data etc. result in the
call being dropped or hungup from the * side.

I have seen some other posts about this problem but there were no
replies. The previous posts however did not contain too much information
about the sequence of events leading up to the error. Hopeefully this
post will genereate a solution!!!???

I wonder if someone knows what is going on here?
Jason