[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Thu Nov 6 02:45:22 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 20:41, Peter Brown wrote:
> Gavin,
>
> So you want a few reasons why you shouldn't use asterisk,
> I can think of some:
>
> Don't want to use a reliable operating system (linux)

[...]

> Is this sufficient Gavin?

<grin>

Nice one - I'm already a strong Open-Source pedant, and our business is
built on Apache/Perl/MySQL, etc.

I'm quite aware of these points (most of them are already included in my
'Pros' section)... this was really only to try and pre-empt the kinds of
questions the mgmt will ask, and I can't produce a recommendation
without enev mentioning the 'bad points' :)

Cheers,
Gavin.