[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

Peter Brown peterabrown at froggy.com.au
Wed Nov 5 13:41:54 MST 2003

Gavin,

So you want a few reasons why you shouldn't use asterisk,
I can think of some:

Don't want to use a reliable operating system (linux)
Don't have the expertise to use the best operating system that is initially
a very low cost to acquire
You can decide when to upgrade, not being forced to do so
It is open source and therefore there is some level of expertise to use it
Documentation isn't good but improving (thanks to Steven, Olle, etc)
Isn't yet mature (but what software is)
Don't want to use telephony hardware that can support more powerful
processors and support the increasing number of applications as they come along
Don't want to avail yourselves of the many experts that provide their
expertise for the support of others - for free
Don't want to use the flexibility of having access to the source to make
special improvements that only customers can demand
Can't abide responsive solutions to problems

Is this sufficient Gavin?

Peter