[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

Paul Crick web-asterisk-users at ivrl.com
Thu Nov 6 01:43:52 MST 2003

> And before you accuse me of being unable to handle
> moderately complex systems as well. The point the
> OP was making is that it's not *configurable* not
> that it's too hard. If I choose to have a simpler
> system - or more importantly choose for all the
> users at an installation to have a simpler system
> - I can't do that.
Yeah, there was talk a while back about the whole user interface thing for
Comedian Mail and especially how it works compared to other systems, what
could be done to make migration easier for the users etc. There were some
good threads, check the archives, but chances are not much has changed.

I guess you could write your own voicemail system, use AGI or dive headlong
in to changing the existing Voicemail2 app if you're in to the C thing.

Ultimately it would be really nice if there was an Asterisk flavoured
voicemail that could also be totally configured the way you want it,
including a bunch of sample configs for other legacy voicemail systems,
Octel, Meridian Mail etc..