[Asterisk-Users] Web Interface for adding new users

Shoval Tom shoval at softov.co.il
Wed Nov 5 16:31:13 MST 2003

Jared, regarding your million minutes,
What is your internet connection (bandwidth, type, etc.)

Can someone gauge asterisk bandwidth consumption, and/or monitor it?
I think this is most crucial for a production system, as the world of VOIP
introduces us to a type of problem never encountered before in the telco
world - sound quality (has been most stable for the past decade or so, IMHO)
And sound quality is not only cause of hardware and software, but also cause
of bandwidth consumption.

In ALL of the production summaries posted in the last couple of days, no one
has mentioned that. I was starting to think that they are either home users
of Asterisk (nothing bad with that, its not my goal, is all)
Or guys who work for huge conglomerates that can spare the $$$ for separate
VOIP segments or high-end QOS devices.

Think I'm way off?