[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Nov 5 17:19:49 MST 2003

Ariel Batista wrote:

>>>Can anyone think of any others?
>>>

>Here is the short list I have!
>
>1) Lack of graphical interface.
>2) Un-freindly user interface (Command prompt only)
>3) Network and Telephony person needed at site.
>4) No standard SIP Phone nor IAX phone available.
>and the biggest one I feel is a major problem!
>
>5) Voicemail can not be configured unless you re program it yourself. And is not based on any standards!

100% of all voicemail systems are not based on standards. There *are* no
standards for voicemail. There aren't even many common practices. The
nearest voice mail comes to haveing a standard is that you are expected
to talk after a *beep*. I think that is primarily so those who don't
understand the language of the prompts can still leave messages easily.

Regards,
Steve