[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Nov 5 21:14:04 MST 2003

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 16:39, Shoval Tom wrote:
> As far as I can gather, the voicemailmain program is not
> configurable. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Configurable?  It's very configurable.  You can customize your name,
unavailable message, and busy message and change your password all
without having to resort to the command line.  In a configuration file,
you can customize whether you receive emails and/or pages when you
receive a message.  You can customize the format of the message that
gets sent to you when you receive a voicemail.  You can even change
the format of the datetime stamp that tells you when your message was
received.

> The other way to create a voice mail main of your own is to create a
> menu with many submenus in extensions.conf - and that's no walk in
> the park.

This differs only from other voicemail systems in that you can.  Most
systems out there are not configurable in this way at all.

-Tilghman