[Asterisk-Users] Reasons why I shouldn't use Asterisk?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 09:52:08 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 16:02, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

> Cons:
> * Not a full SIP proxy

Fortunately this is not relevant to our environment :)

> * No release handling

Good point, I've added that to the list..

> * Limited hardware support
> The software is pretty well tied to Digium hardware for PSTN connectivity.

I don't see this as an issue, either :) Digium's hardware is expensive
only for those in a computing environment where even complex hardware
costs only a few dollars...

>From a telco pricing view, $1495 for a card that lets you connect four
PRIs is a bargain :)

Many thanks for your suggestions.